About Me

My photo
I am an army wife with three kids. I live too many miles from any family members but I have a support group of friends here in this high desert that I am thankful and greatful for every single day. I am in a soul search for myself. I have always been a "yes" person. A person who can never say "no". Because of this I have lost Me along the way, and I am tired of being lost. It's time for Jayme to find herself and be happy. The past 6 months have been hard for me. I mean REALLY challenging because like I said, I am an Army wife with three kids and sometimes I have to do things like, you know, on my own. I have another 6-7 months of more challenge ahead of me. But I think I should look at it as 6-7 more months of recreating a better me. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Somebody who radiates strength and inner-peace. Somebody who has a closeness with her God and herself. Somebody who can also--finaly--put herself first and use the word "no".

Friday, May 6, 2011

Things are getting better (slowly) I think? Maybe? Okay, sorta.

I have so much to say and such little time in which to say it. So I will make this short, but I will try to cover lightly on all topics.

One: David has been fighting at school and I have been going through this spectrum of emotions with him. I am proud of him for taking care of me when I don't feel good when the body aches are bothering me, but I am SO disappointed in him for fighting. He is one more fight away from being suspended from school for a time. I have PLEADED with the psychiatrist to get him on an anti-depressant medication and FINALLY she has prescribed one. He is now on his day number two of Zoloft. We all have our fingers crossed for him.

Two: Little Mark has been off the wall with either his ADHD or his Tourrets. It appears that I am just going to have to pick my poison with him. He either ticks away or he suffers from his attention deficiency. So since I have to take my pick, I'll choose ADHD to be controlled. His ticks? Well, I will just have to learn to live with them. I can't have my cake and eat it too, I guess. This will certainly come with it's own set of problems. Let me say that again, This WILL come with it's own set of problems, but what else can I do? I have no other choice.

Three: Gabe is fine. No more strep and healthy as a horse. He usually gives me very little problem, THANK YOU GOD! Thank you for one ADHD-free child!!!

Four: My body aches have been a pain in the arse for many months now, and there is nothing the doctors can do about it, except treat the symptoms. It appears that getting the injectable B-12 shot the moment I feel them coming on is like the best thing I have found for them. Just this last week I could feel them coming on so I went to the doctor's office where she gave me a B-12 shot, and it lessened the pain so noticeably and effectively that I was able to go on about the day with no problems. I could still feel the aches, but they were so light that I was able to function!  So, long story short, I asked the doctor for a prescription of the B-12 injectable and she is allowing it! I went just today and picked up my B-12 prescription and 25 gauge needles. So now every week when I feel the pain coming on I just need to give myself the shot instead of driving to the doctor's office with kids in tow. Yes that does sound a bit scary but hey! I will do what I have to do for relief. The pain can be that bad and the relief is that good. It also doesn't hurt that I have two good  nurse friends that live right here next to me. Ha ha! They can give me a shot.

Five: Tomorrow is the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!! I have been running 5 days a week except on days when the aches are too much for me, to prepare for this day. I realize that I won't be coming in first place or anything like that, and I certainly don't plan to. What I DO plan to do is enjoy the moment with friends, and run in honor of my mother. My mother who can refer to herself as a survivor, a soldier, a rock. What would I do without her? What would I have done without her during this deployment? Her wisdom and her love has kept me going through this year that running a marathon in her honor seems like a pretty nice gesture. That and I really like the color pink. This is going to be such a momentous occasion, I can NOT forget to make some room on my camera's memory disk tonight. It would be pretty sad if I forgot my camera.

Okay so I better be going. I have to get ready for a counselor session for David. He has been attending one-on-one sessions with his counselor once a week. Oh, by the way I started going to a class that helps parents of children with ODD. I wonder how much I will be able to get from this class? So far we have discussed What Is ODD? I have done so much self-teaching and study on ODD I felt like maybe I could I stand up and teach What Is ODD? myself. It's the How Do I Deal With A Kid With ODD that I need help with.
Anyway, I hope that everybody is having a decent week and the rain isn't killing everybody's Spring Fever.
I will update you on how the race went. (going to be nice weather, thank God)
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment