About Me

My photo
I am an army wife with three kids. I live too many miles from any family members but I have a support group of friends here in this high desert that I am thankful and greatful for every single day. I am in a soul search for myself. I have always been a "yes" person. A person who can never say "no". Because of this I have lost Me along the way, and I am tired of being lost. It's time for Jayme to find herself and be happy. The past 6 months have been hard for me. I mean REALLY challenging because like I said, I am an Army wife with three kids and sometimes I have to do things like, you know, on my own. I have another 6-7 months of more challenge ahead of me. But I think I should look at it as 6-7 more months of recreating a better me. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Somebody who radiates strength and inner-peace. Somebody who has a closeness with her God and herself. Somebody who can also--finaly--put herself first and use the word "no".

Friday, February 25, 2011

If this is a war, then who's winning?

Okay I have gone a few days now with no aches or pains. The past few times the aches have bothered me, they were reading pretty low on the pain scale, but today, oh man! Today they are kicking my butt. I woke up this morning and it took forever to get out of bed. I was SO tired. I felt like a thousand pounds. I weighed myself, but nope. I was not a thousand pounds, but I sure felt it. Walking up and down the stairs this morning was unusually tiresome, but I wasn't feeling the aches yet so I didn't think anything of it except that I was having a rough morning.
So like usual, after I dropped off the boys at school I headed over to the gym to meet with with my friend, Holly. She has insisted that I join her in the mornings for a short workout, and if you know me then you know this is a pretty big deal. I am in no stretch of the imagination what we could call a "morning person". Perky people in the morning, in my opinion, need a good nail through the head. I'm allergic to moving too fast, smiling, or talking in a civil fashion before my first cup of coffee, but the morning time is the only time I have during my day to do any working out. So I agreed to meet her in the mornings for a workout in spite of it all. Besides, I need to get into shape for the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure 5K coming up in a few months. Ain't nothing in the world--even these cursed body aches--gonna stop me from participating in this marathon. Nothing. I will be there in a freaking wheel chair so help me!
So there I was this morning, on the elliptical machine, while my 4 year old walked on the treadmill beside me and Holly on the other treadmill on the other side of me when all of a sudden....there they were. Those damned body aches. They came on with such a ferociousness that it had me wondering. What in the heck? Was it my work out that made them come on so hard and fast? Was it because they have been so light and bearable the past few times that I thought they were on their way out? Is it because they didn't want me to go thinking that I was winning this war? Because I thought I was winning, but right at this moment I feel like they are kicking my ass right into the ground. Just typing hurts. But honestly, it's either type and keep my brain occupied or die from boredom while watching Go Diego Go with my four year old.
I think actually I am going to take a nap now. I am starting to feel like I can sleep, or at least lay down and rest. These aches are so bad right now that I'm giving up and resting. It's a short school day today and that means the boys will be home earlier than usual. I need to be rested and ready. I need to sit and feel sorry for myself for a while. I need to cry and wonder what in the crazy hell is wrong with my body still and why won't these aches go away and leave me alone? I just need to get it out of the way now because when the kids get home later I will need to be over this cry-baby stage. You think they will feel sorry for me? Think again. You think they will make dinner for me?
Yeah, right. Dream on. Mommy doesn't get a day off.
Being the mommy sucks sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. My poor baby! Oh Jayme, I'm so sorry. I'd give anything if I could somehow help. Maybe when I feel a bit better myself, I'll fix some meals and mail them to you. Find a maid service to come clean or do your laundry for a day or two - I'll pay. I'd do anything to help if I could. I can't imagine how you manage when you feel like you do, with three little ones. I'm using Dwain's computer so it's going to look like Dwain wrote this, but it's me. (grin) -Love Mom-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,
    There really is nothing you can do, mom. Nothing that I'm not already doing. I'm taking it easy on the days I feel it, and playing catch up on the days I feel well. I'm working out with my friend Holly in the mornings and including my Yoga. I need to meditate more. That's what I need to do. You can remind me--daily if you want--to meditate more. I need to calm the mind and focus on the inside. I got a new relaxing cd and I plan to listen to it tonight while I meditate. I nearly had a brain explosion today I was so angry and frustrated over that damned house in KC, so it's time to chillaxe. No messing around tonight. The kids are in bed on time tonight and the aches are at bay at the moment. It's me time. YOU get some rest. I love you so much, mom! Take great of you. That's all I would expect of you right now, and I know you're doing that already. Go rest, and I'll go meditate. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a morning person? What an understatement. Hiss! Snarl! Snarl! Hiss!

    ReplyDelete