About Me

My photo
I am an army wife with three kids. I live too many miles from any family members but I have a support group of friends here in this high desert that I am thankful and greatful for every single day. I am in a soul search for myself. I have always been a "yes" person. A person who can never say "no". Because of this I have lost Me along the way, and I am tired of being lost. It's time for Jayme to find herself and be happy. The past 6 months have been hard for me. I mean REALLY challenging because like I said, I am an Army wife with three kids and sometimes I have to do things like, you know, on my own. I have another 6-7 months of more challenge ahead of me. But I think I should look at it as 6-7 more months of recreating a better me. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Somebody who radiates strength and inner-peace. Somebody who has a closeness with her God and herself. Somebody who can also--finaly--put herself first and use the word "no".

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just a quick note here then I'm off!

Just a quick little update here and then I'm going to do some yoga before I am bombarded with little boys and homework and making dinner and blah, blah, blah...

I called an attorney today to find some legal help. I am having so much trouble selling my house in Kansas City that finally I have decided to add some legal beef in my corner. *sigh*  It's pretty sad that it's come to this. But hey! I'll do whatever it takes. That house is quite possibly the biggest headache I have ever faced. I feel like David and the house is Goliath. Oh great, now just watch. I'm going to have David and Goliath dreams. Mark my words! Stupid house.

Also, I have decided to dig out an old journal of mine and start writing in it again. Only instead of writing out my feelings, I am going to record what I ate for each meal, and how many hours I slept the night before. I will include things like the weather, if my sleep was good or not, and even my weight. Whatever I think should be recorded because it's time to start pin-pointing the source of my body aches. I'm not taking this shit lying down anymore. It's time to get proactive! I have decided that enough is enough. I don't want to get all achy and sore and think, "Oh great. I'm sick again". Then go to the doctor only to be told that nothing is wrong...again. This IS NOT all in my head! I can feel the aches like I have a sickness equal to the flu or a bad cold, and personally speaking, for a woman who is of good health and only in her 30's, I shouldn't be feeling this way. As the Carley Simon song goes, ..."I haven't got time for the pain.." At least, I think that's a Carley song? What do you think, mom?

And as far as taking care of myself, I have also decided to do some walking in the mornings at my little apartment community gym. 20 mins shouldn't hurt, right? I have a friend who is insisting I give it a try. So I will meet her there in the mornings and we can walk together on the little apartment community treadmills. She's a good friend. She always supplies me with good conversation so it's a win/win!

So now let's see, Yoga, meditation, and now walking. Oh and I am going to get my monthly massage next week. See? I am taking good care of myself. At least, I'm trying anyway. Oh yeah! I'm off to do some light yoga now so....Tah-tah!

4 comments:

  1. YES Jayme, that is a Carly Simon song. You are exactly right, Jayme. That's my girl! And you are doing what others and I have suggested, chronicle your day to day general boring ol' stuff. At some point you'll be able to pinpoint what works and what doesn't. Yoga and meditation actually seem to work for you, when you apply it. More and more people are finding that out (I need to try it myself). So see, chalk one up for Jayme. And then you might find that there is a food or an ingredient that is the cause of some little ache or pain. Or that you need a full 8 hours of sleep every night, rather than sleep interrupted to not feel achy. That's what I had to do when I had migraines. At least it help me know what foods I should never, ever consume. You're a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How smart can I be when it was your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think writing down your food intake and other health related habits is a great idea. I joined the free website www.sparkpeople.com. There they have all kinds of trackers you can record things and get recipes and nutritional info...it takes a few days of practice to learn to use it efficiently but it's worth it. Now I know what I'm eating and how it breaks out nutritionally. I have been eating healthy for 3 years on a daily basis...during the holidays I slip back into my junk food habits and the aches and pains come roaring back....2 weeks off the junk and I am feeling good and energetic and no pain. I truly believe that nutrition is everything and that bad eating habits can cause severe pain for which medical science has no way of measuring. You go girl...take care of yourself. My daughter is trying to short sell her condo...if the bank doesn't take the short offer, she will let them foreclose and be done with it. She, like you has taken a beating in this market and she's just ready to take the consequences....be done with it and move on. It might take her a while to rebuild her credit but she will be out of all that stress and can then move forward...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost 35 pounds with the help of Sparkpeople.com!! And as far the house and the morgage company, it wouldn't be so bad really if Mark had taken care of the house two years ago. But it is what it is. He has ignored the elephant in the room long enough. I wish I didn't have to step up and take care of this headache, especially when I have enough on my plate as it is but if I don't then who will? I just want to be done with this too. Even if it means a foreclosure. Even if it means accepting a loss. I DON'T CARE!!! Like your daughter, I just want to be done with the stress. Stress, I think, is slowly killing me.

    ReplyDelete