About Me

My photo
I am an army wife with three kids. I live too many miles from any family members but I have a support group of friends here in this high desert that I am thankful and greatful for every single day. I am in a soul search for myself. I have always been a "yes" person. A person who can never say "no". Because of this I have lost Me along the way, and I am tired of being lost. It's time for Jayme to find herself and be happy. The past 6 months have been hard for me. I mean REALLY challenging because like I said, I am an Army wife with three kids and sometimes I have to do things like, you know, on my own. I have another 6-7 months of more challenge ahead of me. But I think I should look at it as 6-7 more months of recreating a better me. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Somebody who radiates strength and inner-peace. Somebody who has a closeness with her God and herself. Somebody who can also--finaly--put herself first and use the word "no".

Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Do It---Later.

I have been so lazy lately. How lazy am I? I'll tell you! I have been so lazy that I can't even carry a thought even if it came with a handle. Ha ha....okay, okay. That was a lame one, I know, but seriously, I have been incredibly lazy. Maybe it's my lack of energy?
 Maybe it's because other areas of my life have kept me so busy that I look around and see other things aren't getting done? Yep, that sounds logical.
God knows my kids keep me in a constant state of perpetual busy when they are home, but I have not been getting things done. Like the laundry. But laundry sucks and there is never an end to that task anyway so....oh well! I also haven't been cleaning the house. The carpet is in such need of a good vacuuming that I can't walk across it without something getting stuck to my feet. How grodey is that, I ask you? I don't always do the dishes either. Dishes get washed in the dishwasher and then I get too lazy to unload them. So they sit in the washer. Meanwhile, the dirty dishes start to pile up in the sink till I finally breakdown and correct the problem, but then the cycle starts all over again.
I've even taken to just posting on my Facebook in an effort to avoid my e-mails and--unfortunately--blogging on here. But the other aspects of my life have been good and busy. For instance, I brought my deep freezer over to the house from my garage. It wasn't easy. It was heavy. What the reason for that you may wonder?  It was laziness inspired. I'm so tired of walking back and forth to the garage when I need something from out of it. Or after I get home from grocery shopping and I need to put all the frozen stuff away and I have to walk it all out to the garage. It's so much more convenient to have the freezer here in the house even though my townhouse is rather smallish and there's not a lot room for a deep freezer. But that brings me to another non-lazy thing I've done lately.
I have gone grocery shopping. I actually sat down and made an official list of all the things we have been needing for a while. Then I thumbed through my coupons with scissors in hand and cut out all the needed coupons. But this action was also laziness inspired. I'm so lazy that making dinner sucks, but driving somewhere with the boys after school sucks just as bad as standing there in the kitchen and cooking. So to resolve this problem I bought lots of "instant" meals. I found lots of precooked-"just stick it in the oven/microwave and boom you have dinner" meals. This helps when I have the body aches too so it's a major plus.
I spent Saturday paying bills. Saturday morning I sat my butt down on the couch with no intention of moving it. So I figured I could do some multi-tasking the lazy way. So I sat there being lazy while paying bills online at the same time. I know, I'm such a ball of pure energy, right?
Do you remember the old Nike slogan: Just Do It! It was written across everything. Television commercials, billboards, and even tee-shirts. Some years ago I remember seeing a tee-shirt that was mocking to the old slogan. Instead of the usual Nike sneakers, there was a picture of messy, untied loafers and over the picture it said: Just Do It Later. I liked that tee-shirt and in some ways it has become my own personal slogan. I have been scratching off some things off my 'to-do' list but not a lot. And certainly not a lot per day. I guess you could say I have slowed down to a nice crawl. When my husband was home, I would go and go and go. He complained that I never took enough time for myself. That my going and going would make me exhausted and grumpy, and he was right. I was. Now that he isn't here I have no choice but to do everything all by myself. I will go and go and go to get as much done as I can in a day. But ever since the body aches have entered my life and I recognize them for what they are--and that fighting them is pointless--I have submitted to a lazier way of life.
I have quit doing the dishes everyday. I go to bed with dishes in the sink! I never used to do that before. I have laundry that piles up to mountainous proportions. I have snoozes on the couch in the middle of the afternoon. Once upon a time, like before the aches came, napping was impossible due to my insomnia. No kidding, sleeping during the day was almost impossible. So much of this is because of the body aches. It's pretty amazing to me how these cursed aches have changed my way of life. My lifestyle. My home. My kids.

I have encouraged the kids to help me out more simply because I cannot do it. I haven't the energy. I've bribed, begged, or demanded the boys into unloading the dishwasher, setting the table for dinner, or cleaning out the cat's litter box. I even had the oldest fold an entire basket of laundry once! But that was mostly because he was wanting to earn more playing time on the Wii. But the fact is, they are helping out more. Sorta. Just a smidge, maybe, but more nonetheless.
I'm not sure if this laziness is good or not. If you're a guest just stopping by for a visit to my home? It's bad. If you're a body ache that has decided to take up residence in my body for a day or two, I guess it's good. But all things considered, I have definitely learned to slow down a great deal. So I guess my personal slogan is: I'll Just Do It Later When The Body Aches Aren't Hurting. Think it's catchy?
Yeah, me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment