About Me

My photo
I am an army wife with three kids. I live too many miles from any family members but I have a support group of friends here in this high desert that I am thankful and greatful for every single day. I am in a soul search for myself. I have always been a "yes" person. A person who can never say "no". Because of this I have lost Me along the way, and I am tired of being lost. It's time for Jayme to find herself and be happy. The past 6 months have been hard for me. I mean REALLY challenging because like I said, I am an Army wife with three kids and sometimes I have to do things like, you know, on my own. I have another 6-7 months of more challenge ahead of me. But I think I should look at it as 6-7 more months of recreating a better me. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Somebody who radiates strength and inner-peace. Somebody who has a closeness with her God and herself. Somebody who can also--finaly--put herself first and use the word "no".

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I dislike having a mystery illness

I want to make this a quick blog post because I'm not feeling too good. I have been sick on and off since last October. I been having body aches as if I have the flu or a nasty cold on and off, but I never seem to have a fever or any other flu-ish or cold-ish symptoms. You know? The fever, the coughing, the stuffy nose and all the other yucky crap that usually goes along with those diseases? I don't have that stuff.

I have just boiled it down to stress. I mean think about it? I am constantly stressed out with kids, meds, doctor appointments, kids fighting, therapist appointments, kid's school, the laundry....no husband. Life is just a wee bit stressful these days. This is why I decided to make meditation apart of my life. I meditated just today after I woke up from a nap. Smart girl, huh? A friend of mine instructed me to add echinacea to my diet as an immunity booster. Not even hesitating, I went and got the stuff the very next day. It's been a part of my daily medicinal regiment for about a month now.

Just a few days ago, my youngest came down with strep throat again this year. That's what you get when you're a thumb sucker or in his case a finger sucker. Those little wrinkled fingers just live in his  mouth. They set-up residence in there a long time ago. It's going to be nasty little habit to break him of, I can see this already.
So I took him to the doctor and he was prescribed his antibiotics and the doctor advised me to keep an eye out for the rest of us in the house because you know? Strep is very contagious!

Well guess what? Within days I fltl like poop. I had the body aches and chills. No pain when I swallowed but definititely the body aches. So this morning, being the smart and responsible mommy that I am, I went to the doctor. She looked in mouth. She looked at my tonsils. Nothing. She looked in my ears. Nothing. She looked at my eyes, my nose, and she felt on my neck for my glands. Nothing. She took a swab of my tonsils and up my nose. Those tests came back negative for strep or even for Influenza A. She then had me go pee in a cup. Those are fun times, especially when you're a girl. That particular urine test came back with high keytons and something else.I'm not sure, but all that test added up to was severe dehydration. She can't figure it out. What is wrong with me? She asked me about my sleep at night and of course, since I take my Ambien and Tomazipam, my sleep is good. I told her that I have been meditating once or twice a day, and I feel like my stress level has decreased significanly. The boys haven't been driving me insane too bad lately because we have had therapist appointments and psychiatrist appointments to help keep that portion of our lives under control.

I did admit to her that this body ache-y feeling has been coming and going since last October. I figured it had to be low immunity due to a stressed-out life, but that I THOUGHT this was under control now? She just looked at me for a long time with a very confused look on her face. She has no idea what's wrong with my body. This is a conumdrum to her and I could tell she was going over all her medical training in her head. Did she ask all the right questions about my diet and sleep habits? Did she miss something?

Finaly she announced that she is going to have to take some of my blood. She decided that she is going to have to run my blood for low iron, Thyroid problems, and Vitamin D defficiency. I was thinking she should have added a CBC (or complete blood count) just for good measure, but she is the doctor!

So right at this moment I have no answers as to why I have low energy, chills, and body aches. At this very moment all I know is that I was dehydrated but I have been drinking my yucky water all day and resting my cold, weary bones. I should be able to get my test results back by Monday. Monday seems a long way away from this Thursday. Waiting sucks. I don't like waiting. I don't like that my doctor isn't going to be in her office tomorrow and so I'm going to have to wait all weekend long to figure out what's going on.
Have I ever mention that I'm not a very patient person either?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what the doctor has to say. What's always awful is when they are absolutely stumped as to what the mystery illness is. I went through that once upon a time until a surgeon finally said I had an infection hiding in scar tissue in my fallopian tubes. They HAD to come out, he said, or I would continue to get sick over and over and over. Another piece of medical history to share with your doctor. Don't you just love me, Jayme. :)

    ReplyDelete